Here's what is needed
- Cotton blanket (towels can be used too)
- Vinyl tablecloth with the fuzzy back
- sewing machine
- Cut the blanket to size you want. I needed 34x24.
- Cut the vinyl tablecloth 4.5" bigger on all sides.
- With cotton fabric in the center of the fuzzy side of tablecloth remnant fold over vinyl so there is a 2-2.5" vinyl boarder all around.
- Sew all sides and you are finished! Can't get any simpler!
When the pad gets soiled wash on cold and use bleach once in a while so as not to deteriorate the materials. Dry in dryer on warm.
Since I used materials already around the house I was able to make 8 pads for $0! That's 2 days worth of pads!
|Vinyl tablecloth and twin sized cotton blanket|
|The finished pad|
|Full vinyl backing to keep the mess on the cotton and not the floor|