Let the Klatch Begin!
So, last week I was really in a funk. I hated being a SAHM in a big way. Wait; remove the M, that part I didn’t hate, just the SAH part. The monotony of everyday finally did me in. Pick up after others, wrangle the menagerie of animals, appease a toddler, keep all the back office crap organized, while the entire time trying to determine MY career objectives & paths. ~Pausing for a refill~
- Picking up after everyone everyday to maintain a positive impression to clients, the government, our employees, the bank, the community, OSHA, etc.
- Monitoring the corporate health aka morale & finances. Oh dear God. It took 6 years to get that company in the black!
- Appeasing employees of which the majority acted like toddlers. Everyday there was whining from someone. Oh the pain to sit there straight faced my tongue and dialogue restrained by all the HR laws.
- Reviewing my personal progress to ensure I was on my correct career trajectory.
- A network of my peers.
“Today” I need to find the sub-niche of Career-Crossroads SAH’s. Does this make sense or am I drunk already? ~3rd drink’s a charm~
- Acquire the Certifications I need to move Shortycake Creations ahead. (Then on to another degree or two)
- Finish writing my in-process book series.
- Move forward with my Freelance Marketing Consulting. (Next project: I’ll be marketing my brother’s new book “unDiagnosed: A Story of Hope”)
- Teach my daughter to create a life map to keep track of all the paths she takes.
Side Topic: Shout out to some Cool Blogs I've been Checking out:
- Bay Area Bags http://www.bayareabags.com/ : If you're a woman (or man) and love designer hand bags, shoes, clothing, accessories then find out all the latest here! LOVE IT!
- A Place for Us Blog http://www.aplaceforusblog.com/ : Take a look at how a cookie cutter house is turned into a one of a kind family sanctuary through DIY projects!
- Tatertots & Jello http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/: Into crafts or just wish you could? The tutorials and ideas will make you want to be called Martha!